The liver performs many important functions, including digestion of fat and other nutrients; production of hormones, protein and glucose; clearing the blood of waste products and toxins; producing immune factors; and storing useful nutrients such as vitamins and energy.Signs of liver disease are often vague and may include loss of appetite, weight loss, vomiting and diarrhoea,abdominal pain and sometimes jaundice. The liver has a great capacity to repair itself so a specially adapted diet can be very helpful in minimising clinical signs and supporting the liver while it heals.
Canine HP Hepatic is a complete veterinary diet specially formulated to support liver function in both puppies and adult dogs. It is designed to support dogs with chronic liver conditions and disorders of copper metabolism.
• It contains an adapted level of protein to help reduce accumulation of toxins and help maintain liver function and is low in copper to reduce hepatic copper accumulation.
• It is also high in energy to help dogs with liver disease maintain their body weight and to cover increased energy needs required for healing and repair of the liver.
• It has a good palatability to encourage sick dogs with reduced appetite to eat.
• itis highly digestible and contains medium chain fatty acids which are easily absorbed even when liver function is compromised.
• It contains added prebiotics (chicory root) which helps reduce ammonia productionand reabsorption in the large intestine and antioxidants and omega- 3 fatty acids to help counteract inflammation and help slow progression of disease.
Please note that Canine HP Hepatic is not suitable for pregnant bitches, puppies under 4 months of age. All indications for PURINA® PRO PLAN® VETERINARY DIETS mentioned are for the dietary support of dogs with the listed conditions and do not preclude appropriate medical management. It is recommended that advice from a veterinarian be sought before use and before extending the period of use
Available in 3kg bags.Read Less